1. This rental form must be filled out and approved by the Manager in advance of any activity taking place on Sozo Coffeehouse’s property. Space is not officially reserved until the contract is returned and invoice is paid. Must be approved at least one week (7 days) before the intended date of rental, subject to space availability.
2. We desire that all activities held in the facilities do not conflict with the purpose, statement and policies of Great Adventure Ministries, Sozo Coffeehouse and The Well. As such, ANY ACTIVITIES PLANNED SHOULD BE FAMILY FRIENDLY (SUBJECT TO THE DISCRETION OF SOZO STAFF) AND OPEN TO AUDIENCES OF ALL AGES. However, allowing use of the facility does not indicate endorsement of the organization or activity.
3. The Renter group agrees to indemnify and hold harmless; Great Adventure Ministries, Sozo Coffeehouse, The Well and its representatives from all damages, judgments, expenses, attorney fees and compensation arising out of personal injury, death or property damage sustained in whole or in part by any or all persons whatsoever as a result of or arising out of, any act or omission of User group, its agents or employees, or caused by or resulting from any activity incident to the program being conducted by the User group.
4. ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION. BOOKINGS MUST BE PAID BEFORE THE EVENT IS CONSIDERED CONFIRMED. Cancellations or change of date must be submitted via email at least 7 days in advance for refund.
5. Any Sozo equipment used by the group must be accounted for and remain in building. A HDMI CABLE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE USE OF THE PROJECTOR. ANY ADAPTORS OR PERIPHERALS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RENTING PARTY TO OBTAIN. Any damage to the facilities or equipment must be reported to the staff and replacement or repair will be negotiated and costs covered at the Renter’s expense.
6. Proper ADULT supervision must be maintained by the group at all times. Children are not to be left unsupervised.
7. Groups using the facilities for food service must bring in their own tableware and cookware unless agreed upon in advance. Sozo CANNOT provide ice for events.
8. Outside catering is allowed. Food and drink not listed on Sozo Coffeehouse’s menu cannot be provided or served by coffeehouse staff.
9. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed on premises [Exception: Wine and/or Champagne for LIMITED TOASTING during private parties predetermined by manager. Alcohol not provided.] No intoxicated persons will be allowed to remain on the premises.
10. Sozo has the right to cancel or terminate an event or contract prior to or during an event where the above principles are deemed a conflict.
11. Due to events like COVID-19, Sozo has the right to cancel your booking and offer a full refund for the sake of social distancing and adherence to all applicable governmental laws and regulations. Sozo can also offer to reschedule your event whenever possible unless the new date is also within governmental restrictions.
12. Setup and teardown [tables, chairs, furnishings and decorations], is to be handled solely by the renting party and all such setup must be left in original condition and location. Prior approval is required before any materials, decorations or paper can be affixed to the walls, furniture, lighting, or fixtures. Party is asked to refrain from confetti or glitter use.
13. Renters will be held liable for any damages caused by them, or their guests, and will be charged to replace or fix any broken items.
14. Please note set-up and tear-down times must be included in your event duration. We recommend at least 1 hour to set up and 1/2 hour to tear down, depending on the event. Please give an accurate account of your anticipated required time. Some events do not require any setup- if this is the case, declare the same time as your start and end time.